Butternut Squash Gratin - gluten free, soy free, veganFOODISTA
- 1/4 cup soy (approximately Earth Balance, Free Spread)
- 1 butternut squash (large, peeled, seeded, thinly sliced, with a mandoline)
- 2 onions (medium, peeled, thinly sliced halves)
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (Daiya, handful fresh sage, stems removed, torn into pieces by hand)
- 2 slices gluten-free bread (I used Food for Life Brown Rice Bread, toasted)
- 2 tablespoons xylitol
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons ground nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
- Preheat Oven to 350 degrees F
- Spread some Earth Balance liberally into a 9 x 13 inch oven-proof baking dish.
- Reserve the rest for layering the gratin.