Thick and chewy sugar cookies made with brown sugar for deep caramel flavor.
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1 1/4 cups light brown sugar (firmly packed)
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Whisk together the melted butter and brown sugar in a large bowl.
- Add the egg and vanilla extract. Continue whisking until the mixture is thoroughly combined.
- Add the flour, baking soda, cornstarch, cinnamon, and salt to the bowl. Use a wooden spoon to stir vigorously until a soft dough forms.
|Calories330Calories from Fat140|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat140|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Alexis McGill 15 days ago
These were soooo good! My friends raves about them.
Van Nort 18 days ago
Tastes very good but I’d recommend flattening the balls before baking since they don’t do it on their own.
Jamie Gaines a month ago
Decent recipe, tastes like delicious caramel when straight from the oven. They rested over night and now they’re chewy and very tasty.
Toni Ramlal a month ago
It turned out great and taste actually how I imagine it would. Not only is it easy but its delicious.
taya wallace 2 months ago
delicious! added more cinnamon
Henigman 3 months ago
Good flavor and super easy to make. My husband loves them.
Stuff 4 months ago
Nice they are brown like me
Umsunay Muratova 4 months ago
Dough was really hard and didn’t flatten out.