- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1/3 cup buttermilk
- 1 egg
- 1 cup cake flour
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 vanilla bean
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- sprinkles (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 375°F. Spray the cavities of your Doughnut Pans from the KitchenAid® Professional-Grade Nonstick 6-Cavity Mini Doughnut Pan with a nonstick spray.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter. Continue to cook and stir constantly just until butter begins to turn golden brown and smell nutty. Remove from heat. Transfer to a large bowl and cool slightly before whisking in buttermilk and egg.
- In a separate medium bowl, whisk flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and vanilla bean seeds. Whisk flour mixture into the butter mixture until just combined. Spoon about 2 tablespoons batter into each prepared cavity of the Doughnut Pans. You could also use a pastry bag to pipe in the batter if you’d prefer.
- Bake doughnuts for 10 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool for 1 minute in the Doughnut Pans, then transfer to cooling rack to cool completely.
- In a small bowl, whisk powdered sugar and heavy cream until a thick glaze forms. Dip one side of each fully cooled doughnut in glaze to coat. Top with sprinkles, if desired.
|Calories120Calories from Fat25|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat25|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.