Add All to Shopping List
Add to Meal Planner
- Remove the white skin and trim the fat from the tenderloin; cut into four pieces of about 4 to 6 ounces each and pound with the smooth side of a meat tenderizer mallet to a depth of about 1/4 to 3/8 inches. They should and will be bigger than standard sandwich bun.
- Prepare the marinade with two eggs, a quart of buttermilk, about 1/4 cup flour, a pinch of salt and pepper, fresh finely chopped garlic, and a tablespoon of dry mustard. For extra punch, add Emeril's Original Essence seasoning can be. Marinate overnight.
- Remove the tenderloin from the marinade and let the excess drip off. Coat with breadcrumbs and cornmeal (optional), then let breaded tenderloins set for a couple hours of hours in the refrigerator.
- Pre-heat a deep fat fryer filled with canola oil or peanut oil to 360 degrees F. You can also pan fry by pouring in about a 1/4 inch of oil. Fry the tenderloin for approximately 3 minutes or slightly more or until golden brown.
- Serve on a bun with sliced tomato, onion, lettuce, mustard or mayo.