If you have 75 minutes to prepare a decadent treat, then this Braided Crown with Marzipan and Almonds is just what you need. This rich recipe combines hearty marzipan and almonds with a decadent cake-like base. When you bite into this delicious and…
divine creation, you will realize what has been missing in your life all this time. We know you and your loved ones will love this sweet and savory treat.
- 25 grams fresh yeast
- 130 milliliters milk (warm)
- 40 grams sugar
- 400 grams flour
- 60 grams softened butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 egg yolk (for gilding)
- 1 tablespoon milk (for gilding)
- 150 grams almond (powder)
- 2 egg whites
- 30 grams powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 100 grams almond paste
- In a bowl, crumble the yeast, add a little milk (1-2 tablespoons), and dilute with a teaspoon of sugar. Mix and let rise for 5 minutes.
- Pour in food processor bowl with flour, butter, eggs, and remaining sugar.
- Knead for 5 to 7 minutes to obtain a homogeneous dough ball.