Add All to Shopping List
Add to Meal Planner
- Combine yeast, warm water, milk and sugar in large bowl until dissolved. Let stand10 minutes or until frothy.
- Add flour, orange peel and salt to Bowl of KitchenAid® Artisan Stand Mixer. Attach Bowl andFlat Beater to the Mixer.Turn to Speed 3and mix 1 minuteor until just combined. Continuing on Speed 3, add yeast mixture, evaporated milk,egg yolks and butter. Mix until just incorporated.
- Remove Paddle and attachDough Hook. Turn toSpeed 4 and knead 7 minutes. Place dough in large, lightlygreased bowl; turn once to grease surface. Cover and let rise in warm place 2 hours or until doubled in size.
- Punch down dough, roll into large ball and cut into three equal pieces.Roll each dough piece intolong rope on lightly floured surface. (Use small amount of flour and avoid excess rolling which may lead to the tearing of the dough.) Arrange the three dough ropes side by side on work surface.Pinch the ropes together at the very top. Pick up center rope and cross it over the rope on the right. Pick up left rope and cross it all the way over the rope on the right. Continue in this manner, crossing the center rope over first, and then crossing the left rope all the way over the rope on the right. Continue until you reach the ends, then pinch the bottom ends together. Place loaf on greased baking sheet. Let rise in warm place 40 minutes or until doubled in size. Preheat oven to 350°F. Add whole egg and 2 tablespoons water to Bowl of KitchenAid® Artisan Stand Mixer. Attach Bowl and Wire Whisk to Mixer. Turn to Speed 3 and beat well. Brush loaf with some of the egg wash. Bake 30 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from oven and brush again with egg wash. Bake 10 minutes or until golden brown.
|Calories420Calories from Fat70|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat70|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.