Blueberry Buttermilk Muffins with Lemon Crunch ToppingKITCHENAID
- 3 tablespoons dark brown sugar (3 Tbsp. = 36 g, packed)
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour (3/4 cup = 96 g)
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar (2 Tbsp. = 25 g)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder (1 tsp. = 4 g)
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt (1/4 tsp. = 1.5 g)
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter (6 Tbsp. = 84 g, melted)
- 1 lemon (zest of 1 lemon = 1 Tbsp. = 6 g, zested)
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract (1/2 tsp. = 1 g)
- coconut oil baking spray
- 1 3/4 cups all purpose flour (1 3/4 cups = 210 g)
- 1 cup granulated sugar (1 cup = 200 g)
- 2 1/4 teaspoons baking powder (2 1/4 tsp. = 9 g)
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt (1/2 tsp. = 2.3 g)
- 3/4 cup buttermilk (3/4 cup = 180 mL, at room temperature)
- 1/2 cup canola oil (1/2 cup = 120 mL)
- 2 large eggs (2 eggs = 100 g, at room temperature)
- 2 lemons (2 lemons zested = 2 Tbsp. = 12 g, zested)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract (1 tsp. = 2.1 g)
- 1 1/2 cups fresh blueberries (1 1/2 cups = 226 g, or frozen, not thawed)
- Position an oven rack in the center of the oven and preheat the oven to 375ºF/190ºC/gas 5. Line the muffin pan with baking cup liners. Set aside.
- First make the topping. Place the brown sugar in the bowl of your KitchenAid® Stand Mixer fitted with the flat beater. Attach the KitchenAid® Sifter + Scale Attachment to your mixer. Close the ingredient valve. Weigh the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in the ingredient hopper, taring the scale between ingredients. Turn the mixer to medium-low speed, open the ingredient valve, and sift the flour mixture into the mixing bowl. Mix until the dry ingredients are evenly combined, about 1 minute.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the melted butter, lemon zest, and vanilla.
|Calories350Calories from Fat140|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat140|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.