Using the Thermomix to make bread dough takes a lot of the guesswork and elbow grease out of the process, which can be a boon to the novice (or time pressed) home baker. This dough is prepared in two stages, the first being the "starter" dough that…
is then combined with the remaining flour to form the bread dough. Both steps require time for rising, important for achieving the airy interior during baking.
- 50 grams water
- 10 grams baker's yeast (fresh)
- 90 grams flour (type 65)
- 280 grams water
- 10 grams salt
- 500 grams flour (type 65)
- Heat the 50 grams of water and place into a bowl, along with the yeast and flour. Stir well and using hands, form into a sticky ball. Cover with plastic wrap and let rest in a warm place to rise.
- In the Thermomix mixing bowl, place the water and salt. Set to 1 1/2 minutes /98ºF /speed 2.
- Add the dough. Mix for a few seconds at speed 6. Then set to 4 minutes/spike rate.