Hake is a deep sea cold-water fish in the cod family that offers a hearty, flaky and sweet meat to any meal. This Baked Hake Loins with Salmon and Cheese guarantees to please with the sweet meats of hake and salmon, combined with the savory flavors of garlic, cream, onions and cheese. Adding breadcrumbs and seasoning will kick this creative dish up and serving it over traditional white rice makes it a complete, hearty weeknight meal.
- Season the hake loins with the mixture of spices, salt, minced garlic, and lemon juice, and let marinate for a few hours.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Arrange onion slices on a baking plate, and place hake loins on top. Spread ketchup on the hake, and cover with salmon, cheese slices, and finally the breadcrumbs.
- Around the fish, pour the cream or the bechamel, place in the oven, and bake until golden or gratined.
- Serve immediately with white rice.