Bacon-Wrapped Figs With Maple Snakebite Glaze and Goat Cheese and Thyme DipPORK
- 6 strips bacon (halved crosswise)
- 12 figs (stemmed*)
- 12 pecan (pieces, toasted)
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cayenne
- 1/4 cup soft goat cheese (2 ounces)
- 1/4 cup cream cheese (2 ounces)
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves
- 3/4 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Place 4 layers of paper towels on microwave-safe plate. Top with bacon slices. Cover with two more layers of paper towels. Microwave on high 1 to 2 minutes to render fat from bacon but not crisp. While bacon cools, slice each fig twice, starting at stem end, and cutting three-quarters of way to bottom. Stuff each fig with a pecan piece. Wrap a half strip of bacon around each fig and secure with toothpick. Place on foil-lined baking sheet. Bake 10 minutes. Turn. Return to oven for 5 minutes or until bacon is sizzling and begins to crisp. In small bowl, combine syrup and cayenne pepper. Brush mixture over appetizers.
- For dip, combine all dip ingredients in small bowl. Cover and chill until serving time.Makes: about 1/2 cup Serve appetizers warm with dip.