- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion (finely chopped)
- 2 tablespoons fresh minced garlic
- 11 ounces corn (with peppers, drained)
- 24 ounces chicken (Swanson’s, drained)
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup bbq sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cracked black pepper (fresh)
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt (Lawry’s)
- 1/2 cup cilantro leaves (fresh, chopped)
|Calories310Calories from Fat100|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat100|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Cara S. 3 months ago
i bbq the chicken in the same sauce i put in the soup was super yummy
Barbara 10 months ago
Whou would tell that cilantro and BBQ sauce could taste so good when put together?! But I chose not to simmer the cilantro, I just put a generous tbsp, fresh, at each bowl at serving time, so that the chicken would not taste only like cilantro. Definetely will do it again!
John R. 2 years ago
Really good. Do not omit BBQ sauce. Kid approved
Sarah Fitzgerald 2 years ago
The cilantro was too strong for me. Other than that, it was pretty good and I definitely want to try it again.
Shelly 3 years ago
Very flavorful and quite delicious soup. I like the bbq sauce in the broth. I doubled the broth and bbq sauce though as the recipe, in my opinion, doesn't call for as much as I prefer. I'm not sure why 'pizza' is in the title as there is no relation at all to a pizza flavor nor ingredients. Maybe change it to a Tex-Mex BBQ Chicken Soup because thats moreso the direction this one pounts to. None-the-less, its tasty! Thanks for sharing!