- 8 ounces boneless chicken thighs (skinless, ground)
- 1/4 cup water chestnuts (chopped fine)
- 1/4 cup dried shiitake mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce (I used reduced sodium)
- 1/4 teaspoon dark soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon oyster sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon rice wine (or dry sherry)
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- ground white pepper (freshly, to taste)
- 2 cloves garlic (finely chopped)
- 6 lettuce leaves (iceberg, rinsed, careful not to break)
- 2 tablespoons scallions (diced)
- 4 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon chili sauce (I used Sriracha)
- 1 tablespoon warm water
|Calories150Calories from Fat60|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat60|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Jj A. 28 Aug 2018
had a strong taste, maybe i went a lil heavy on the sauce..I'll have to make it again.. but all in all it was good
Katie Thom 6 Jul 2018
I made a pretty major subsitution and opted to try this as a vegetarian dish by using chickpeas instead of chicken. It worked out great and even my husband enjoyed it! Easy and tasty. Will make again.
Cookie 3 Jul 2018
Easy to make and delicious
Johnny-O 26 Apr 2018
Fantastic, did recipe as called for but almost doubled it and we still killed it without guilt. Great light dinner
Dave K. 26 Mar 2018
Added a little garlic and ginger and red pepper flakes to the marinade Very good also used bean sprouts and carrot matchsticks and romaine lettuce for additional crunch a total hit.
Valorie A. 8 Dec 2017
I would add more spicy next time a little sweet for an Asian meal
Merritt-Brown 14 Nov 2017
Fantastic! My kids ate it all,and I had to make it a second time so my husband could enjoy it! A new weekly favorite.
Carrie W. 29 Aug 2017
So yummy! The whole family loved it!
Brandie J. 3 May 2017
O-M-G.......seriously the best recipe ever!!!! Highly recommend this one!!! That's all I wish to say
Rachel P. 5 Feb 2017
Very good! I made a double batch and had it for lunches. Didn't even need to add the hoisin sauce because it was so tasty but I did add it.
Mary Jo Snow 3 Oct 2016
I have made this recipe and used the lettuce wrap and spinach tortillas. Kids like it too. Easy to make and great taste.
You Are The Sushi 13 Sep 2016
Perfect! I often double the sauces. I like to top my lettuce wraps with grated radishes and grated carrots.