Apricots and strawberries are a delicious combination in this simple jam. A touch of vanilla perfectly complements the flavors of both fruits. Make this jam in the summer when apricots and strawberries are at their freshest, that way you will be abl…
to enjoy the flavors of summer in the dead of winter. The brown sugar in this jam adds a slight caramel flavor, making for a rich and decadent treat when spread over toast.
- 1 kilogram apricots
- 500 grams strawberries
- 1 vanilla bean (halved and scraped)
- 1.2 kilograms brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon juice
- Wash the fruits, hull the strawberries, and pit the apricots.
- Cut the apricots into quarters and the strawberries into halves.
- Put them in a bowl with the brown sugar and the vanilla bean, cut in half and scraped. Mix well and let marinate overnight.