Warm spiced apple studded muffins are the perfect treat on a fall morning.
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter (softened)
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar (packed)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon allspice
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 Granny Smith apples (medium)
- Preheat the oven to 425° F.
- Line a 12-cavity muffin pan with muffin/cupcake liners.
- In large mixing bowl, use a hand mixer to cream together the butter, brown sugar, and vanilla extract on medium-high speed for 1-2 minutes, or until smooth and combined. Add the eggs and beat for a minute longer, until the mixture is pale and fluffy. Add the sour cream and milk. Continue to beat until fully incorporated, scraping down the sides of the bowl with a rubber spatula.
- Add the flour, spices, baking powder, baking soda, and salt to the bowl. Beat the mixture on medium-low speed, scraping down the sides of the bowl with a rubber spatula, until just combined. Do not over-mix.
- Peel and core the apples, and finely chop them into 1/4” pieces. Add the apples to the mixing bowl.
- Use a rubber spatula to fold the apples into the batter until they are well-distributed.
- Spoon an even amount of batter into each muffin liner.
- Transfer the muffin pan to the preheated oven. Bake the muffins at 425° F for 5 minutes.
- Reduce the oven temperature to 350° F. Continue baking for 14-16 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean.
- Remove the muffin pan from the oven. Allow the muffins to cool in the pan for 5 minutes before removing.
|Calories240Calories from Fat100|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat100|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.