Toss the instant oatmeal packets aside - make a batch of this easy apple-cinnamon baked oatmeal for the week instead!
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 2 3/4 cups whole milk
- 1 eggs
- 2 tablespoons butter (melted)
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar (packed)
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup (plus more for serving)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon clove
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 baking apples (medium)
- Preheat the oven to 375° F.
- Spray a 9” square pan liberally with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place the oats, milk, egg, melted butter, brown sugar, maple syrup, vanilla extract, spices, and salt in a large mixing bowl. Whisk until all the ingredients are thoroughly combined.
- Peel and cored the apples. Dice into scant 1/2” pieces. Add to the oat mixture and fold to distribute.
- Pour the oatmeal into the prepared baking dish.
- Transfer the baking dish to the middle rack of the preheated oven.
- Bake the oatmeal for 45-50 minutes, until golden brown at the edges and firm in the center.
- Remove the oatmeal from the oven. Allow to cool for five minutes before serving.
- Serve drizzled with additional maple syrup, if desired.
|Calories340Calories from Fat90|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat90|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Jones 2 Jan
This turned out great. Works as a dessert with a little vanilla ice cream. Though I plan to serve it for breakfast this week. Hopefully the toddler will like it too.
Jack Owens 16 Dec 2018
Delicious, easy recipe.
Jennifer K. 27 Jun 2018
Very yummy! It could use a little more apple & a little less sugar. Took about 75 mins to bake.
Yidi Hong 15 Jun 2018
It turned out to be thicker than expected! Good for breakfast and dessert