Add All to Shopping List
Add to Meal Planner
- Combine apples and ¾ cup apple cider in medium saucepan; cover. Cook over medium heat 8 minutes or until softened. Uncover and continue cooking 5 minutes or until apples are tender and cider is almost completely reduced. Purée mixture with an immersion blender or in food processor until smooth. Measure the sauce; you should have ½ cup. If you have more, return to saucepan and continue cooking until reduced to ½ cup. Let cool slightly.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.Combine flour, baking powder, salt, spices and baking soda in medium bowl; set aside.
- Add granulated sugar and shortening to bowl of KitchenAid® Artisan Mini Stand Mixer. Attach bowl and Flat Beaterto mixer. Turn to Speed 4 and beat until mixture is light and fluffy. Turn to Speed 1 and gradually add egg and apple mixture.Continuing on Speed 1, add half the flour mixture, buttermilk and vanilla. After the liquid is fully incorporated, add remaining flour mixture. Mix 1 minute. The mixture will be sticky.
- Spray two 6-cavity full-sized doughnut baking pans generously with vegetable pan spray. Spoon ¼ cup batter into each cavity. Recipe will yield 9 doughnuts.Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until toothpick inserted in doughnuts comes out clean. Reserve in pan.
- Add remaining ¼ cup apple cider to small saucepan and bring to a simmer on medium heat. Transfer to medium bowl and whisk in powdered sugar until smooth.Dip each warm donut in the glaze, turning it with a fork. Transfer to cooling rack set on top of a baking sheet and let stand until glaze has set.
|Calories340Calories from Fat45|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat45|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.