- 2 uncle ben (pouches, 's® Ready Rice® Original Long Grain)
- 12 ounces Johnsonville Apple Chicken Sausage (or 1 package, 13.5 ounces Johnsonville® Premium Fully Cooked Andouille Sausage Rope, diced)
- 2 tablespoons cajun seasoning
- 1 small onion (diced)
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 green bell pepper (diced)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1/4 cup worcestershire sauce
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 3 cups water
- 14 1/2 ounces diced tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons gumbo filé powder
- 2 stalks celery (diced)
- In medium sauce pot, heat until hot. Add sausage and sauté until browned. Remove sausage and set aside.
- In same pot, with fat from sausage left behind add in onions, green bell pepper, celery, garlic and Cajun seasoning. Sauté until onions are soft.
- Remove vegetables and set aside with sausage.
- Melt butter and combine with flour to make a roux. Cook roux until it becomes a medium brown color.
- Add in water, chicken bouillon, sausage, vegetables, can of tomatoes and Worcestershire sauce. Mix well to incorporate roux.
- Bring to a boil, then simmer on low for 30 min. Stirring occasionally.
- When gumbo is almost done, season with salt, pepper, and filé powder. Stir and mix well.
- Heat rice according to package instructions.
- Portion rice and serve with gumbo.
|Calories70Calories from Fat35|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat35|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.