Classic comfort food but better, with cream cheese and buttery Ritz cracker crumbs. Everyone will be asking for the recipe!
- 1 pound short-cut pasta
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 1/2 cups whole milk
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper (or white)
- 12 ounces sharp cheddar cheese (grated)
- 4 ounces gruyere cheese (grated)
- 4 ounces Gouda cheese (grated)
- 4 ounces cream cheese (cut into ½” cubes)
- 36 round buttery crackers (crackers, like Ritz)
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter (melted)
- Preheat the oven to 375° F.
- Spray a 9x13” baking dish with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Using a cheese grater or food processor fitted with a grating attachment, grate the cheddar, Gruyere or Swiss, and gouda cheeses. Set aside.
w 7 months ago
It's great if you like sharp cheese!
JEANETTE MARTINEZ 9 months ago
I substituted with almond milk because it's all I had in my fridge. I was pleasantly surprised by the creaminess of it, not too thick. My husband and I enjoyed it. Will def make again!
Jenny Swart a year ago
It was amazing. I did substitute different cheeses due to not having the specific ones, however, it still tasted amazing! I'm very satisfied with it.