"Tuna Burger with Wasabi Mayo and Asian Slaw"
We served these tuna burgers atop brioche buns and adorned with a simple Asian-style slaw. The fuyu, fennel and arugula salad is a nice side along with colorful taro chips. This is NOT your everyday burger meal (but probably just as good!)
Tuna Burgers on Brioche Buns (makes around 2 to 3 patties)
- 8 oz. fresh sushi grade tuna, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 tsp green onoins, finely chopped
- 1 tsp red sweet bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 to 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tsp cilantro, finely chopped
- Dash or two of garlic powder and ginger powder
- Black sesame seeds
- Brioche or regular hamburger buns
- Cooking oil
Optional: Tabasco or chili oil (for spice) Heat oil in a pan and add burgers. Pan fry each side about 2-3 minutes then place on paper towel. Keep warm. Toast buns. Add wasabi mayo, burger and slaw. Enjoy!
- 1 cup napa cabbage or slaw mix
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon lime juice or rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 tsp soy sauce
- toasted sesame seeds
Adapted from a recipe found on the Cook Mobile.